Cement and building materials producers have continued to publish their financial and operating results this week. This includes:
- Eagle Materials Inc.
- Steppe Cement.
- Buzzi Unicem.
- Titan Cement.
- Qalaa Holdings.
- Vulcan Materials Company.
Deals, expansion projects, contracts and acquisitions
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. has signed an Exclusivity Agreement with a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding with CRH for five Lafarge plants and associated quarries.
- Cemex is investing US$300 million in its Solid plant in Luzon to add a 1.5 million tpy line, doubling the plant’s existing capacity.
- Putney Capital Management, LLC has announced that it has made a strategic investment in a cement terminal in Puerto Rico together with Cementos Argos.
- General contractor Chengdu Design & Research Institute of Building Materials Industry Co. Ltd has ordered an MPS 3070 BC mill from Gebr. Pfeiffer SE on behalf of Saudi Arabia-based Readymix.
- US-based MagneGas Corporation has announced that a cement company has approved the use of MagneGas® fuel as a replacement for acetylene.
- CMB International was chosen to carry out the refurbishment of a Cedarapids twin-deck primary rinse screen for Cemex UK’s Northfleet operation.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- Ahmed Methlouthi, Ministry of Trade, Tunisia, provides an overview of the Tunisian cement industry.
- David Khanna, Commercial Director, bpi.visqueen, UK, explains why polythene is giving cement manufacturers a unique opportunity to differentiate.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/15052015/cement-news-highlights-11-15-may-2015-851/