- Loesche has begun installing an LM 45.4 mill at the Bastas Baskent Cimento plant in Elmadag, Turkey. The mill was ordered by Vicat Service Technique Ciment in May 2014.
- The construction division of Larsen & Toubro (L&T) won orders worth Rs.1711 crores in March, including an EPC contract for a greenfield cement grinding plant.
- Qatar Primary Materials Company has signed a memorandum of understanding with Rent-A-Port for the development of a jetty and limestone and gabbro quarries in Oman.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Lafarge Brazil has partnered with Sebrae/RJ to help those working in the building sector in Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro, to improve their professional skills.
- Egypt’s Suez Cement, part of the Italcementi Group, will donate LE30 million to the Long Live Egypt Fund over a period of three years as part of its CSR programme.
Concrete and end use
- Award-winning architect Gregg Lewis has been appointed as Senior Director – Building Innovations at the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
- Cemex supplies tailor-made solutions for mass transit systems in California.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- The Mineral Products Association (MPA) has responded to the publication of the government’s 2050 carbon reduction roadmap for the UK cement sector.
- Highlights from Cembureau’s 4Q14 economic report.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/27032015/cement-news-highlights-23-27-march-2015-594/
You might also like
TÜRKÇIMENTO (the Turkish cement manufacturers’ association) provides an update on the state of the Turkish cement sector.