The PCA has announced the winners of the Chairman’s Safety Performance Awards.
The Awards, which were presented at the PCA Fall Congress meeting in Chicago, recognise outstanding safety performance in the manufacturing of Portland cement. The nine winners were selected from over 100 cement facilities across the US found to be the highest performers in safety.
“Above all, the safety and health of the industry workers is of the utmost importance to cement companies around the world and in the U.S.,” said John Stull, PCA Chairman and CEO of LafargeHolcim U.S. “Employees at these facilities work to continuously improve health conditions and set a high standard throughout the year.”
The 2016 PCA Chairman’s Safety Performance Award winners are:
Category: Less than 216 000 hours
- Lehigh Hanson, Inc. – Bellingham, Wash.
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. – Riverside, Calif.
- Argos USA Corporation – Atlanta, Ga.
Category: 216 001 – 286 000 hours
- Holcim (U.S.) – Morgan, Utah
- Drake Cement LLC – Paulden, Ariz.
- Lehigh Hanson, Inc. – Leeds, Ala.
Category: 287 000 – 635 000 hours
- Lafarge NA – Alpena, Mich.
- Holcim (U.S.) – Ada, Okla.
- Lehigh Hanson, Inc. – Union Bridge, Md.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/01092016/pca-announces-chairmans-safety-performance-awards-winners-176/