MPA and British Precast launch new Health & Safety Awards 2021
Published by Emily Thomas,
MPA and British Precast have joined forces to launch a new Health and Safety Awards scheme for 2021. The new awards build on the success of the long established and highly acclaimed MPA Health & Safety Awards and retain many of the key elements associated with it.
The new scheme has been evolved to encourage submissions from all sectors and sizes of organisations within the mineral products industry. All organisations working within the supply chain of the mineral products industry are free to enter. The entry forms can be downloaded from either the Safequarry website or Safeprecast website.
The awards include the following categories:
- 8 New Topic Awards – recognising health & safety innovations at different stages of activity within the production and distribution of mineral products. The topics are: Safer Production; Safer Maintenance and Housekeeping; Safer Management of Pedestrians and Transport on-site; Safer Handling of Inbound and Outbound Materials; Safer Transport and Logistics; Safer Operations at a Contracting, Construction or Customer Site; Safer Through Improvements in Health and Wellbeing; Safer Together.
- New - ‘The Fatal 6’ Award – recognising an exceptional innovation to eliminate a high consequence hazard associated with ‘The Fatal 6’.
- John Crabbe Award – for an MPA or British Precast member with over 250 employees which has achieved an outstanding performance in health & safety.
- Sir Frank Davies Award – for an MPA or British Precast member with 250 or fewer employees which has achieved an outstanding performance in health & safety.
- New - Young Leader Award – recognising the contribution made by an individual aged under 30, in making their organisation a safer and healthier place to work.
- Individual Awards - recognising the contribution made by an individual of 30 or over in making their organisation a safer and healthier place to work.
Nigel Jackson, MPA Chief Executive said, “The Health and Safety Award Scheme plays a key role in making our industry safer for all. By joining forces with British Precast we will broaden the sharing of knowledge about the good practices and innovations which will help us all to make our industry a safer and healthier place for everyone.”
“I look forward to the awards event in the autumn when we will all be able to celebrate our industry’s achievements in what has been an extremely challenging period for us all. In particular, it will be great to recognise the outstanding performance that individuals and organisations have made on our journey towards ‘Vision Zero’.”
Phil Cox, Director of British Precast, said, “The concrete products industry has committed itself to Vision Zero which includes the core value of ‘Collaboration and Sharing’. The Health & Safety Awards are an excellent demonstration of this value in action. Applying the innovations highlighted in the awards across all industry sectors will enable us to create a safer and healthier work environment for all. I urge the members of British Precast to enter the awards.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/18022021/mpa-and-british-precast-launch-new-health-safety-awards-2021/
You might also like
Ideas on emergency interting
Achim Rott, robecco, describes the mechanics behind emergency inerting systems, explaining the correct procedures to ensure the buildup of combustible dust does not lead to fires and explosions.