The Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) has announced that it has added cement companies from India, China, Peru, and Mexico to its growing global membership base. Membership now totals 36 member companies and 15 affiliates.
The new members are as follows:
- Corporacion Moctezuma S.A.B DE V.C. – Mexico
- Unión Andina de Cementos S.A.A (UNACEM) – Peru
- JSW Cement – India
- West China Cement - China
These are the latest companies to join the GCCA, following its launch in 2018. The new members represent a further step for the GCCA in its ambition to represent at least 50% of global cement capacity.
In addition, six new cement and concrete associations have been confirmed as new affiliates of the GCCA. These associations are from Spain, India, Japan, the US, Europe, and Colombia, and bring the total number of affiliates to 15 organisations. They include the following:
- Spanish Cement Association (Oficemen)
- Cement Manufacturers Association of India
- Japan Cement Association
- National Ready Mixed Concrete Association – US
- European Concrete Platform
- Federacion Iboamericana del Hormigon Premezclado – Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula
“The continuing and rapid growth of the association’s membership is very encouraging,” said Benjamin Sporton, CEO of the GCCA. “With a strong work programme now underway, it is important that our authoritative voice represents the growing list of cement and concrete manufacturers committed to our principles of engaging industry sustainability efforts and driving innovation.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/09042019/gcca-expands-membership/
You might also like
Brad Pronschinske, Martin Engineering, explains how the effective use of air cannons can remedy silo buildup and clogging issues, avoiding lost production and increasing safety.