Hanson has joined The 5% Club, which aims to create a shared prosperity by driving ‘earn and learn’ training opportunities, helping to address the skills shortage and youth unemployment in the UK.
“As a company, we are committed to supporting the UK’s growth agenda and acknowledge the importance of developing our people,” said HR director, Clare Mayo.
“We aim to play a role in transforming the fortunes of young, talented people in the UK and to ensure that the UK retains its reputation for innovation.”
As a member of The 5% Club Hanson is:
- Committed to helping the country's growth agenda and acknowledging the importance of developing its people as both a business and social imperative
- Playing its part in addressing youth unemployment and skills shortage
- Pledging to work towards having a minimum 5% of its UK workforce enrolled on formalised apprentice, sponsored student and/or graduate development schemes within five years
- Measuring and reporting on its progress annually against the above metric in our Corporate Social Responsibility section of its Annual Report and Accounts or equivalent document
- Committed to encouraging other businesses to participate in the campaign
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/07012021/hanson-joins-the-5-club/