The UK construction and real estate industry saw a drop of 40% in overall deal activity during Q2 2020, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 28 deals which accounted for 71.8% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with nine deals, followed by venture financing with two transactions, respectively accounting for 23.1% and 5.1% of overall deal activity in the country's construction & real estate industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the UK construction & real estate industry with total deals worth US$2.49 billion, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled US$239.95 million and US$0.81 million, respectively.
The UK construction & real estate industry deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 83.05 % of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at US$2.27 billion, against the overall value of US$2.73 billion recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Top Family Group's US$908.15 million acquisition of Gold Flair
- The US$567.64 million acquisition of United Progress Group by Yield Smart
- Capital & Counties Properties’ US$537.64 million acquisition of Shaftesbury
- The US$131.08 million private equity deal with RDI REIT by Starwood Capital Group Management
- British Airways Pension Trustees and Supermarket Income REIT's asset transaction with The British LandPlc for US$125.39 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/03082020/globaldata-uk-construction-and-real-estate-industry-sees-a-drop-of-40-in-deal-activity-in-q2-2020/
You might also like
Lafarge Canada and CarbiCrete partner to scale deployment of carbon-negative concrete technology.