- Holcim has released it 1Q15 results, which include a rise in net income but a fall in cement sales volumes.
- Lafarge: sales up 6% and EBITDA up 17% in solid first quarter.
- Colombia’s Cementos Argos has acquired a 60% stake in Wetvan Overseas, which operates a terminal for the reception, storage and distribution of cement in Puerto Rico.
- Libya Holdings Group is to buy Libyan Cement Co., marking investor confidence in Libya’s long-term economic potential.
- The former Sibelco plant in Leighton Buzzard has been acquired by Aggregate Industries.
Health and safety
- British Safety Council re-affirms the importance of creating awareness of business benefits of good health and safety.
- British Safety Council announces International Safety Award sector winners and health and safety champions.
This week’s not to be missed stories…
- Lafarge and Solidia sign an agreement to commercialise a new low-carbon solution for the construction sector.
- Holcim automate Logistics Services with help from Schenck Process’ LOGiQ Software.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/01052015/cement-news-highlights-27-april-1-may-773/