September 2014 issue and Bulk Materials Handling Review
The September 2014 issue is now available online, along with the annual Bulk Materials Handling Review supplement. The September issue includes articles on silo cleanout, testing and analysis, filters, dedusting and gas analysis, in addition to a regional report on the cement industry in Sub-Saharan Africa. The report features an article by Dangote Cement P.L.C.’s Group Managing Director & CEO, D.V.G. Edwin – & ‘A Growth Story’, in addition to ‘From Subcontinent to Sub-Saharan Africa’ by Mr Faheem Ahmed, Lucky Cement Limited.
New facilities opened and underway
- American Starlinger-Sahm, Inc. is constructing its North American headquarters in South Carolina, with the grand opening planned for spring 2015.
- BASF has opened a concrete admixture facility in Nairobi, which will help it to better serve the growing East African market.
- Sika has increased its presence in Asia-Pacific with the establishment of a subsidiary in Sri Lanka.
People and skills
- FMB urges young people to consider construction apprenticeships.
- PPC wins gender empowerment award: the Annual Standard Bank Top Women Awards recognise South African organisations and individuals that embrace the process of gender empowerment.
- India’s Zuari Cement is running a new initiative to help young people in the communities around its facilities to develop the skills needed for self employment.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- Mongolian cement project on track: investor CNBM visits the 1 million tpa cement plant project in Mongolia to check on construction progress.
- Cement shipments up 7% y/y in the US and Puerto Rico in 1H14: shipments of Portland and blended cement increased y/y in both June 2014 and 1H14, with clinker production also rising.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/29082014/cement-news-highlights-25-29-august-382/