Humboldt Wedag Inc., a subsidiary of KHD Humboldt Wedag International AG (KHD), has received an order from Cimentos Liz S.A. in Brazil for the equipment supply, engineering and site advisory and commissioning services, for a new 5000 tpd production line.
The contract is split into two phases. The first 90 day engineering phase is already in force. During this period the customer has an option to withdraw from the contract. If this option is not exercised, the contract, when fully in force, will have a total value for KHD of over US$120 million, otherwise KHD will be paid for all services rendered during phase one. With the completion of this project, which is located in Lagoa Santa-Vespasiano, Brazil, the plant will be the largest single cement plant in Brazil and one of the largest in South America.
KHD’s scope of supply includes auxiliary equipment, electrical power system components and instrumentation, as well as core KHD components, including:
- Comflex raw grinding system incorporating a KHD RPS18 Roller Press, with V and SKS Separators.
- 5-stage Humboldt preheater with Pyroclon calciner, equipped with a Pyrotop compact mixing chamber, tertiary air duct and KHD Combustion Chamber for firing alternative fuels.
- Pyrorapid 5 m x 69 m two-tyre rotary kiln.
- Pyro-jet LowNox kiln burner and KHD Combustion Chamber burner both designed for a variety of fuels.
- Clinker cooler equipped with a Pyrocrusher roller type clinker crusher.
- KHD Ball Mill system for grinding of solid fuels designed with the same size gear drive as for the Comflex raw and finish grinding systems.
- Comflex finish grinding system incorporating dual KHD RPS18 Roller Presses with V and SKS Separators. Both raw and finish grinding systems will share the same size drives and the same grinding rollers for reduced spare parts inventory.
Portions of the fabrication for this line will be locally supplied in Brazil. Utilising KHD alternative fuel technologies, the plant will be able to burn up to 25% waste fuels in the combustion chamber and up to 10% old tyres in the kiln. The plant will also incorporate KHD’s latest environmentally friendly technology for reduction of gaseous and dust emissions.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/31082011/khd_wins_an_order_for_a_5000_tpd_production_line_in_brazil/