Cemex has announced that its consolidated net sales totalled US$4 billion and operating EBITDA reached US$730 million in 2Q13. Both figures represent an increase of 4% y/y compared to 2Q12 or 2% when adjusting for the higher number of business days. Cemex has attributed the rise in net sales to greater sales volumes in the majority of the markets where it operates, as well as to higher product prices in terms of local currency. Controlling interest net income during the second quarter registered a loss of US$152 million, compared to a loss of US$187 million in the corresponding period in 2012.
- In Mexico, net sales were up 2% to US$847 million while operating EBITDA dropped 17% to US$250 million.
- Net sales increased by 9% to US$868 million in the US. Operating EBITDA also improved, rising from US$27 million in 2Q12 to US$80 million in 2Q13.
- Operations in Asia performed well, with net sales growing by 14% to US$162 million and operating EBITDA increasing by 29%.
- Positive results were also recorded in South, Central America and the Caribbean. Net sales reached US$561 million and operating EBITDA came in at US$211 million, up 6% and 12%, respectively.
- Although net sales increased in the Mediterranean region during 2Q13, rising by 4%, operating EBITDA fell by 2% to US$94 million.
- Both net sales and operating EBITDA declined in Northern Europe during the quarter. Net sales dropped 1% and operating EBITDA totalled US$108 million, down 11% on last year.
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/26072013/cemex_2q13_results_68/
You might also like
TÜRKÇIMENTO (the Turkish cement manufacturers’ association) provides an update on the state of the Turkish cement sector.