Caterpillar has introduced an innovative new approach to helping customers monitor, control and manage equipment while increasing jobsite efficiency. Cat® Equipment Management Solutions (EMSolutions) is a portfolio of tiered service offerings built to help manage equipment assets and lower operating costs – whether the customer performs maintenance tasks or the Cat dealer handles the details.
EMSolutions is supported by Product Link™ technology that collects data directly from the fleet and presents summary data to managers via VisionLink®. The system promotes making good decisions based on equipment location, fuel burn, utilisation and more.
Cat technician draws an oil sample.
The five levels of EMSolutions are progressive, ranging from basic connectivity to machine electronic control modules (ECMs) through dealer-delivered condition monitoring services such as fluid sampling, and on to complete, proactive management of the fleet.
- Level 1: The access suite of technologies provides connectivity that delivers equipment location and operating status to the equipment manager’s computer or handheld device in real time. The local Cat dealer can provide training to help managers get the most out of equipment data.
- Level 2: Inform includes fleet summary reports from the Cat dealer to show managers equipment health and utilisation trends compared to similar fleets in the region.
- Level 3: Advise includes a dedicated Condition Monitoring Advisor looking after the fleet and providing expert recommendations so managers can make informed decisions about maintaining and using machines.
- Level 4: Support preventive maintenance services from the local Cat dealer help lower operating costs while increasing machine availability.
- Level 5: Manage allows site and fleet managers to focus on their business while the Cat dealer ensures optimal fleet performance, availability and lifecycle planning.
Using these defined service levels, customers can work with Cat dealers to choose the support they want to help manage their equipment and improve the bottom line.
Adapted from press release by Rosalie Starling
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/24022014/cat_launches_equipment_management_solution_26/
You might also like
Michael Metson, Komatsu, walks through five top tips that operators can implement to reduce the costs of crushing aggregates.