UBC to host jury for LafargeHolcim Awards
Published by Rebecca Bowden,
Lafarge Canada Inc has announced that the North American jury to judge the 5th International LafargeHolcim Awards for Sustainable Construction will be hosted by the University of British Colombia’s School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture.
SALA Director, Ron Kellett comments, "We are honoured to host the North American regional jury of the largest global design competition so closely aligned with the design and sustainability leadership values at the core of our School. LafargeHolcim Foundation has chosen only SALA and MIT as its partners in North America which demonstrates the calibre of academic rigour applied to the Awards."
The Head of the jury will be SALA faculty member Dr. Ray Cole, Professor of Architecture and former Director of SALA. Dr. Cole has been a distinguished, award winning teacher, researcher and thought leader in environmental issues in architectural design and education for the past 40 years. He is a former Director of the Canada Green Buildings Council and academic director of UBC's Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability, an academic research group directed to accelerating the adoption of sustainable building technologies and urban development practices in society.
Mr. Cole will be joined by an esteemed group of leaders in the architecture and academic communities including:
- Kevin Daly, Founder, Kevin Daly Architects, USA.
- Paul Fast, Founder and Partner, Fast & Epp, Canada.
- Jeanne Gang, Founding Principal, Studio Gang, USA.
- Harry Gugger, Professor, Architectural & Urban Design, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland.
- Forrest Meggers, Assistant Professor, Princeton University School of Architecture, USA.
- Jennifer Wolch, Dean & Professor, College of Environmental Design, University of California-Berkeley, USA.
- Marc Angélil, Professor of Architecture & Design, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland.
The jury will review all North American entries in the Main and Next Generation categories in June 2017 and will consider the merits of each.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/23122016/ubc-to-host-jury-for-lafargeholcim-awards/
You might also like
Heidelberg Materials to celebrate the opening of its $600 million new plant in Mitchell, Indiana
The opening of the new cement plant will take place on Tuesday, June 13 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. at the ribbon-cutting ceremony in Mitchell, Indiana.