Argos, a cement company of Grupo Argos, has been recognised by Merco as one of the ten companies with the best corporate reputation in Colombia. Regarding the measurement of business leaders, Juan Esteban Calle, President of Cementos Argos, ranked 19th among the 100 businessmen with the best reputation.
“This is a recognition that fills us with deep pride, because at Cementos Argos we seek to create value for society and over the years we have leveraged the talent, creativity and passion of our employees, in a culture focused on values, in establishing close and transparent relationships with our stakeholders, in geographic diversification, in innovation and in sustainability to advance our higher purpose of helping to realise more housing dreams and better infrastructure for millions of people ”.
Merco measures management and perception in topics such as innovation, human talent, international dimension, ethics, corporate responsibility, financial results and presence in digital channels. In addition, it is the first audited monitor in the world, since the monitoring and verification of its production process and results is subject to an independent review by KPMG.
Other recognitions that Cementos Argos has received during 2019:
- Second most sustainable cement company in the world, according to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Gold Class Medal in the RobecoSam Sustainability Yearbook.
- Top five of the companies in the construction materials sector with the best corporate governance, environmental and social management practices, by the FTSE4Good world index.
- The ninth company that best manages its talent, according to Merco.
- One of the most innovative companies in Colombia, according to the National Association of Entrepreneurs (ANDI).
- Fourth in the ranking of private social investment, carried out by Jaime Arteaga & Asociados.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/23102020/argos-recognised-as-one-of-ten-companies-with-the-best-reputation-in-colombia/
You might also like
Rohrdorfer is building Austria's first CO2 recovery plant in the cement industry on an industrial scale.