LafargeHolcim merger update: the European Commission has approved the proposal with only a slight change in the divestment plans in France.
- Samuel Doria Medina has sold his controlling stake in Bolivian cement manufacturer Soboce to Holding Cementero S.A., part of Peru’s Grupo Gloria.
- Bolivia’s Itacamba Cemento S.A. has ordered an MPS 3750 B raw mill from Gebr. Pfeiffer for its new cement plant in Yacuces.
- Cemex Latam Holdings has announced plans to increase the production capacity of its Colorado plant in Costa Rica to 1.1 million tpy by 2017.
- Domestic cement sales totalled 929 000 t in Peru in November, while dispatches were up 0.57% y/y in the first 11 months of 2014.
Newsbytes from India
- Ambuja Cement plans to train 18 000 masons and 15 000 contractors across India by 2020.
- Dalmia Cement is increasing its presence in eastern India, announcing that it will serve the markets in Jharkhand, Bihar and Bengal with PSC produced at the Bokaro cement plant.
- Shree Cement awards new contract to Petron Engineering.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- The European Lime Association (EuLA) has published a roadmap for reducing emissions. The following is an excerpt from that report.
- Registration opens for 57th IEEE-IAS/PCA Cement Industry Technical Conference.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/19122014/cement-news-highlights-15-19-december-2014-48/