Cement news highlights: 13 – 17 July 2015
Cement consumption and production
- Cement consumption in Spain grew by 8.6% in the first half of the year.
- The German cement industry expects a decline in cement consumption of 1.6% for 2015 compared to last year’s figures.
- The Eurocement Group company reported higher clinker and cement production in June and an overall increase in 1H15.
- According to reports, PPC subsidiary CIMERWA has launched a new cement production line, increasing capacity to 600 000 tpy.
- In 1Q15 Iranian cement production reached 15.774 million t and clinker output passed 19.264 million t.
- Statistics show a significant increase in non-residential construction and infrastructure output.
- The construction industry has responded to the announcements made in last week’s Summer Budget with calls for greater employee control over apprenticeships and more focus on energy efficiency.
- Committee calls for a standard to prevent new homes overheating, and promote passive cooling in existing buildings.
- CEMEX Dominicana will invest US$6 million in order to increase packaging and palletizing capacity of its cement plant in San Pedro de Macoris, the Dominican Republic.
- Sanghi Industries Ltd has announced plans to invest up to Rs 1500 crore in the next two to three years.
- LafargeHolcim has officially launched across the globe and has announced key elements of its ambitions for the future.
- Roberta Magarotto has received an award of the Committee for the Organisation of International Conferences.
- Tank Connection (TC) has announced that their President amd CEO, Bill Neighbors, will be stepping down in September.
- Frank Craddock received the William B. Hicklin Lifetime Achievement Award for his ‘dedication and vision’.
Not to be missed ...
- Cecilio Zalba, Geometrica, outlines the challenges of raw material storage in the Andes: Part one and part two.
- Eden Energy and Monash University are awarded a grant for research into the use of carbon nanotubes to create enriched concrete that requires little or no reinforcing steel.
Written by Harleigh Hobbs
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/17072015/weekly-cement-news-highlights-13-17-july-2015-188/
You might also like
TÜRKÇIMENTO (the Turkish cement manufacturers’ association) provides an update on the state of the Turkish cement sector.