Aggregates operations that have used technology to boost workplace safety and health are encouraged to apply for the annual Technology Innovation Award from the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
Virginia-based Luck Stone recently received the award for its Remote Loader Operator.
Operators applying for the award need only describe a tech innovation that boosted health and safety by addressing the following points:
- Description of the technology, and how it works.
- What safety or health challenge was being addressed by the tech innovation?
- How was the technology modified and evaluated in order to address the challenge?
- How was the technology implemented at the mine?
- What safety and/or health benefits are realised or expected?
Adapted from press release by Rebecca Bowden
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/15012016/niosh-nssga-aggregate-award-health-safety-operator-luck-stone/