Brazil’s Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional (CSN) has released its consolidated results for 1Q14. During this period, the group’s net revenue increased by 20% y/y to R$4.4 billion. This rise has been attributed to revenue growth in CSN’s mining and steel segments. Meanwhile, gross profit reached R$1.3 billion, 69% higher than in 1Q13. Adjusted EBITDA improved by 60% y/y to R$1.4 billion, and adjusted EBITDA was up 8 percentage points on 1Q13.
- Cement: R$98 million net revenue, R$27 million adjusted EBITDA. CSN sold 488 000 t of cement in January – March 2014.
- Mining: R$1.247 billion net revenue, R$585 million adjusted EBITDA.
- Steel: R$3.127 billion net revenue, R$761 million adjusted EBITDA.
- Logistics: R$338 million net revenue, R$110 million adjusted EBITDA.
- Energy: R$65 million net revenue, R$23 million adjusted EBITDA.
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/14052014/companhia_siderurgica_nacional_1q14_results_194/