Lafarge focuses on health and safety
Last month, Lafarge North America held its sixth Health & Safety Month. The theme of this year’s event was “At home, at work – make the link,” which aimed to encourage Lafarge employees to carry out health and safety best practice at home. Included among the events was a health and safety event on the dangers of distracted driving, held at the Brooklyn cement distribution terminal in New York. In Illinois, State Police visited the Lafarge quarry in Rosiclare to give a presentation on distracted driving and safe practices, followed by an open discussion session. Company sites throughout the US turned their attention to personal and environmental health basics, such as annual physicals, self-defense and healthy eating. The Joliet site, Illinois, offered wellness checks to employees and their families during a health and safety day.
Meanwhile, Lafarge Canada has increased its range of bagged products to include the 20 kg Contempra (GU-L), 20 kg High Early Cement (HE) and 30 kg Silica Fume Cement (GUb-SF). The 20 kg sized bags have been developed in response to the Canadian Center for Occupational Health & Safety’s heavy lifting recommendations, according the Canada’s Newswire.
In other Group news, Lafarge has recently made some changes to its Executive Committee. The changes will be implemented as of 1 September 2013.
- Jean-Carlos Angulo has retired. Eric Olsen, currently Executive Vice President Organisation and Human Resources will take over Angulo’s role of Executive Vice President Operations.
- Country CEO for Romania, Sonia Artinian, will replace Olsen as Executive Vice President Organisation and Human Resources.
- Guillame Roux, will become Executive Vice President Operations, changing from his current position as Executive Vice President Performance.
- Peter Hoddinott, Head of Energy and Strategic Sourcing in the Performance Department, has been appointed as Executive Vice President Performance.
- Alexandra Rocca has been selected as Executive Vice President Communications, Public Affairs and Sustainable Development. She has been working for the Lafarge Group in the position of Senior Vice President Group Communications.
Adapted from press releases and news sources by Louise Fordham.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/10072013/lafarge_focuses_on_health_and_safety_45/