Symtek is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Since it was founded in 1994, it has continued to grow as a company that provides complete solutions for the measurement and analysis of laboratory, processes and environment data. The company is celebrating two decades of corporate life under the theme of ‘knowledge without borders’, with ‘innovation and analytical knowledge’ at the heart of its history of industrial development.
Symtek specialises in providing the highest applied knowledge in material analysis for different sectors of the industry. It focuses specifically on elemental chemical analysis, mineralogical analysis for process and quality control and the research of materials.
The company places particular emphasis on research and development, helping to generate employment and making it a valuable ally in several industries, including cement, steel, oil, mining, precious metals and foundries.
Since its inception, Symtek has invested in the development of training courses and seminars, as well as in the commercialisation of products and comsumables. The group has helped to organise a range of events, such as a meeting on X-ray spectrometry for cement in Mexico, a seminar on spectrometry techniques in Venezuela, and the round-robin interlaboratory programme, among others.
Aligned with its corporate principle to conduct research and development into the different applications and tools necessary to the industry, Symtek’s ultimate goal is to provide complete analytical solutions to satisfy market needs.
Some key milestones
- 1994 – Founding of Symtek under the name of Symtek Engineering Ltda.
- 1997 – Start providing service to XRF analysers.
- 2000 – Start selling XRF analysers.
- 2002 – Symtek Engineering Ltda becomes Industry and Technology Symtek.
- 2003 – Symtek obtains the quality certification ISO 9001.
- 2006 – Creation of the R&D area for applications and new services.
- 2009 – Introduction of portable XRF equipment into the group’s portfolio.
- 2012 – Inclusion of analysers for the oil industry in the company’s portfolio.
- 2013 – Creation of the sample preparation and consumables department.
- 2013 – Inclusion in portfolio of process analysers.
- 2013 – Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) introduced to the group’s portfolio.
- 2014 – Inclusion of CEMS in Symtek’s portfolio.
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/09072014/symtek_celebrates_20_years_of_corporate_life_59/