Buzzi Unicem USA has shared a message from President and CEO, Massimo Toso, addressing how the company plans to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic.The message is as follows:
To our valued customers and partners,
Safety is, and has been, a core value of our organisation. We are closely monitoring updates and recommendations from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Centres for Disease Control (CDC) to help guide us in our approach. We continue to take every precaution to preserve the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners while maintaining our dedication to providing outstanding products and service.
As this situation evolves, we may modify our approach. I want to share with you some of the steps we have taken to mitigate risks:
- Eliminated all non-essential visitors to any of our operations.
- Instituted a ‘Work at Home’ programme for those employees who can work remotely and have stopped all non-essential travel.
- Designated a COVID-19 Team to monitor the situation and to provide regular communications to all of our operations.
- Posted signage to remind all employees and essential visitors that we are following CDC guidance and have implemented personal hygiene and site sanitation procedures, limiting employee use of break rooms and common areas.
- Established a quarantine protocol in place for those who show symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- For our terminal locations without kiosks, effective immediately, we will no longer require drivers picking up cement at our locations to sign the bill of lading. This action is due to concerns expressed by both our employees and the drivers in order to respect social distancing requirements as well as remove any potential opportunity for virus transfer. As such, it is critical that you promptly review the weekly invoice(s) you receive to verify the loads invoiced against what you received and immediately advise us of any discrepancies.
Beginning 01 April 2020 our goal is to no longer print invoices to mail to you. As such, please complete your sign-up for e-invoicing in the next few days by contacting your market manager. We appreciate all of you who have already completed this process.
We are headed into what has historically been our busiest time of year. We remain committed to making sure our operations run smoothly to help you to continue your operations. We want to remind you to visit our customer portal link at http://www.buzziunicemusa.com. Here you have easy access to your invoices, statements, and bills of ladings.
The Buzzi Unicem USA leadership team meets regularly to assess and respond to the crisis as it evolves and to adjust our operations to maintain continuity. Our goal is to help everyone stay safe, while at the same time continuing to serve you. I want to reiterate our appreciation for your loyalty.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/09042020/coronavirus-company-updates-buzzi-unicem-usa/
You might also like
Lafarge Canada and CarbiCrete partner to scale deployment of carbon-negative concrete technology.