PCA's Occupational Health and Safety Committee, in co-sponsorship with the Maintenance and Safety Committee of the IEEE's CIC, will present its first Fatality and Serious Injury Prevention Symposium on Monday, 16 May 2016, at the IEEE-IAS/PCA Cement Industry Technical Conference in Dallas Texas. It will be focused on cement plant operations.
The symposium offers the opportunity to increase insight into fatalities and serious injuries at cement plants over the past several years. FSI prevention, working in confined spaces, preventing falls from heights, and engineering evaluations of structural integrity are also touched upon.
Other highlights for this year's conference include:
- Ash Grove Cement Midlothian facility.
- Unprecedented technical presentations and tutorials.
- Professional Development Training sessions.
- A new series of Process Training sessions.
- Networking opportunities.
- A student outreach program.
Adapted from press release by Joseph Green
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/05042016/pca-ieee-injury-prevention-symposium-819/