Conferences, funding and statistics from the US
- Exhibitor registration now open for 57th IEEE-IAS/PCA: the annual cement industry technical conference will be held in the Sheraton Centre Hotel in Toronto, Canada from 26 – 30 April 2015.
- The US Energy Department will offer up to US$25 million in funding to help reduce the cost of algal biofuels and support the development of a bioeconomy.
- US and Puerto Rico: clinker production and shipments of Portland, blended and masonry cements all increased y/y in July 2014 according to the latest USGS report.
Sustainability and alternative fuels
- The Cement Sustainability Initiative has released an updated version of its ‘Guidelines for Co-Processing Fuels and Raw Materials in Cement Manufacturing’.
- Tomorrow’s Value Rating puts Holcim at the top for sustainability.
- The Cement Association of Canada has announced its support of the government of Ontario’s renewed commitment to developing “new alternative fuel rules in 2014 to help big, energy-intensive industries reduce their GHG emissions.”
- Siemens and C40 announce winners of the City Climate Leadership Awards 2014.
Appointments and management changes
- CTLGroup elects Cary O. Cohrs as Board of Directors Chairman.
- TCL confirms termination of Group CEO.
- Lafarge India appoints new Non-Executive Chairman.
- Holcim announces senior management changes.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/03102014/cement-news-highlights-29-september-3-october-611/