Cemex, S.A.B. de C.V, has announced changes to its senior level organisation, effective 1 January 2016. All of the executives named below are current executive committee members that have had significant international operating management experience:
- Juan Romero Torres has been ratified as President of Cemex Mexico.
- Ignacio Madridejos Fernández has been appointed President of Cemex USA.
- Jaime Gerardo Elizondo Chapa has been appointed President of Cemex Europe. This new region will now integrate all our operations in Europe including Spain and Croatia.
- Jaime Muguiro Domínguez has been appointed President of Cemex South, Central America and the Caribbean.
- Joaquín Miguel Estrada Suárez has been appointed President of Cemex Asia, Middle East and Africa. The existing Asia region will now include Cemex ´s Middle East and Africa operations.
- Karl H. Watson Jr., current President of Cemex USA, will leave the company effective 1 January and will be retained by Cemex in an advisory capacity until 30 June 2016.
All other Executive Vice Presidents that head corporate staff functions that report to Cemex’s CEO will remain unchanged.
Cemex’s senior management has a track record of operating diverse businesses throughout our value chain in emerging and developed economies globally. By rotating managers from one region to another, Cemex can increase their diversity of experience and knowledge of Cemex’s operations, which allows Cemex to operate its business more effectively and obtain the best use of its assets.
“I have the greatest confidence in our management team and our entire workforce. Our greatest asset is the talent and dedication of everyone at Cemex, and I am very excited about the outlook for our business,” said, Fernando A. Gonzalez, Chief Executive Officer of Cemex.
Adapted from press release by Joseph Green
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/02122015/cemex-announces-organisational-changes-91/