The USGS has released its Mineral Industry Survey for cement in the US and Puerto Rico in December 2015 and full-year 2014. Highlights from this are provided below.
- Shipments of Portland and blended cement increased by 22% y/y to 6.2 million t.
- The biggest Portland cement producing states were Texas, California, Missouri, Florida, and Alabama.
- The largest consumer states were Texas, California, Florida, Ohio and Illinois, receiving 41% of shipments in December.
- Some 6.5 million t of clinker was produced, representing growth of 25% y/y.
- In December, the biggest producers of clinker were Texas, California, Missouri, Florida and Alabama.
- Shipments of masonry cement fell by approximately 24% y/y to 169 000 t.
- Florida, Texas, California, North Carolina and Georgia were the states that consumed the most masonry cement in December.
- Shipments of Portland and blended cement reached 88.4 million t, 8% higher than in 2013.
- Clinker production came in at 74.9 million t, up 7% y/y.
- Masonry cement shipments improved by 6% y/y to almost 2.3 million t.
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/02042015/us-cement-clinker-figures-2014-usa-puerto-rico-634/