Cemex has released its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2011. The report revealed that net sales had risen 6% to US$3.7 billion in the fourth quarter, whilst increasing by 8% to US$15.1 billion over 2011. Operating income grew 79% to US$224 million in the fourth quarter compared to the same period in 2010, whilst the full 2011 figure increased by 12% to US$960 million.
Regional results 4Q11:
- Net sales in Mexico decreased 9% to US$818 million.
- In the USA, net sales rose by 19% to US$682 million.
- Net sales in Northern Europe came in at US$1.1 billion, an increase of 16%.
- There was a decline in net sales in the Mediterranean, with the final figure reported to be US$385.
- In Asia, net sales remained flat at US$124 million.
- The Caribbean, South and Central America saw an increase of 22% as sales reached US$447.
“This is the fifth consecutive quarter of top-line growth in our results. We are particularly pleased with the quarterly performance of our operations in Northern Europe; the South, Central America and Caribbean region; and the United States. Regarding our full-year results, we saw net sales and operating EBITDA growing for the first time in four years”, commented Fernando A. González, Executive Vice President of Finance and Administration.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/the-americas/02022012/cemex_releases_4q11_and_fy11_results/