Plant operators need real-time and continuous monitoring of the kiln shell temperature in order to be alerted in case a hot spot occurs. Kilnscan monitors the temperature from an external point of view with a unique reference pyrometer for unsurpassed accuracy in adverse weather conditions. Whereas Pyroscan looks at the kiln from the inside to optimise the clinker calcination process and provides the visualisation of clinker chute. Pyroscan helps operators to stabilise the burner settings, and to improve the clinker sintering process.
HGH’s bundle solution comprising an IR scanner and camera meets the client’s requirements in terms of high performance.
Amine Mnaouer, Plant Maintenance Manager at LafargeHolcim cement plant said: “The use of the HGH scanner brings great added value for the management of the clinker manufacturing process as well as the prevention of any incident of the kiln shell. It is an essential tool for the good operation of the kiln.” He added “The Pyroscan camera enabled us to reinforce the kiln monitoring tools and to better control the flame quality. Pyroscan’s data provides a high contribution for the ‘kiln Master’ system for automated kiln control.”
HGH Kiln shell scanner and dual pyrometric cameras
HGH, which is celebrating its 40-year anniversary this year, offers to the Cement Industry high resolution Kilnscan kiln shell scanners and Pyroscan cameras for kilns & coolers.
While rotary kilns have been used for more than a century, monitoring a burner remains a challenge, even more so at a time when energy sustainability is so important.
Because of standard fuel restrictions and in order to reduce overall emissions, the use of alternative fuels is constantly increasing, making control of the flame pattern, size and temperature essential for ensuring kiln stability. Continuous monitoring of the kiln shell temperature and the generation of real-time, sharp temperature maps inside kilns and coolers are a key part of this process.
To meet cement producers’ requirements in this area, HGH has designed its Pyroscan and Kilnscan solutions. While Pyroscan looks at the kiln from the inside, Kilnscan monitors the temperature of the outside of the kiln shell and is located some distance away from it.
Thermal monitoring using Pyroscan
- The many possible configurations of the system provide a high level of flexibility to tailor a solution adapted to any application in a kiln or a cooler.
- As Pyroscan has the highest resolution of any high temperature camera on the market, operators benefit from visible and thermal images of incomparable sharpness.
- Each pixel’s temperature is measured using the High Dynamic Range operating mode which eliminates saturated and under-exposed areas.
- The system is supplied with its own software combining ease of use and intuitive HMI, with a complete function toolbox allowing image and temperature display, analysis and recording.
Kiln shell monitoring using Kilnscan
- Kilnscan can be installed in various configurations to accommodate any masking and complexity of the environment around the kiln. The exclusive 140° field of view option is especially useful when the scanner head has to be installed close to a long kiln. With the best spatial and thermal resolution on the market, Kilnscan allows the user to see small details and detect the failure of a single refractory brick anywhere on the kiln shell.
- The software associated with the scanner encompasses an exhaustive set of functions for processing, displaying and recording data and trends. It also includes exclusive functions such as Thermal Warp Monitoring, which provides information about the stresses generated in the kiln by thermal inhomogeneities. Several types of interfaces are available to control other systems and to interface with the plant DCS.
- The rugged design of the scanner head supports operation in any environment.
Robust design, high quality components and thorough testing processes have enabled HGH to produce best-in-class thermal monitoring systems.
With more than 1500 thermal systems in use in over 50 countries worldwide, HGH has built up a reputation for high quality, well-engineered and reliable products that integrate the company’s in-depth infrared technologies expertise. HGH is committed to providing its customers with high quality support as well as a large range of services to ensure the overall plant performance.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/special-reports/06042022/247-kiln-shell-temperature-monitoring-and-process-optimisation-at-lafargeholcim-bouskoura-plant-morocco-using-hgh-thermography-solutions/