FLSmidth will be showcasing its HyLogger system in Perth.
This latest mineral analysis technology provides users with the ability to rapidly and objectively capture detailed mineralogical data. An outcome of many years of extensive research and development, HyLogging aims to improve the efficiency and productivity of geological interpretation. FLSmidth developed and launched the product in recognition of the fact that a market need existed for a portable field/laboratory system that could simplify and automate the process of hyperspectral logging and imaging of drill chips in high quantities.
HyLogger Zero identifies an extensive range of minerals (including FeOx, AlOH, FeOH and MgOH groups, copper and nickel bearing and rare earths) and is capable of scanning 4000 rock chip samples in 10 hours.
Its other benefits include:
- Compact design, allowing easy transportation between sites
- Instantaneous in-field results for quick decisions
- Automated operation with minimal human-error
- Historical digital archives of spectra and imaging allow for more detailed analysis of data at the exploration office
- Data comparability for existing ASD spectrometer users
- Flexible, with different configurations
- User-friendly so operators can be trained quickly
- It saves time and resources and reduces costs.
The unit was launched at the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) International Convention in Toronto in March. The convention provided FLSmidth with the opportunity to reach the 22 000 delegates in attendance, representing over 100 countries in mineral exploration and development across the globe.
Adapted from press release by Rebecca Bowden
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/product-news/16052016/flsmidth-launches-hylogger-system-106/