The Athena Sustainable Materials Institute has released an update of the Impact Estimator for Buildings.
The software tool is free and simplifies life cycle assessments for building designers and sustainability consultants.
The Athena Impact Estimator for Buildings is released at least once a year with software enhancements and updates to the underlying material, assembly and process databases. The new version 5.2 includes the following improvements:
- A much faster internal engine.
- Improved reporting for the LEED® v4 LCA credit.
- New assembly mapping for “extra basic materials”.
- Updated life cycle data for precast and ready mixed concrete, concrete block, and cement.
- New products: Duro-Last® and Sika Sarnafil roofing products, and glass mat gypsum panels.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/product-news/09122016/athena-sustainable-materials-institute-updates-software/
You might also like
How can the cement and concrete industry reach net-zero emissions by 2050? McKinsey hosted panelists at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2023 in Davos to offer their insights.