Quantitative fusion – Quant Fusion is a new concept in fusion preparations for XRF, which allows one to quantify the important variables of weight loss due to the release of intrinsic moisture and volatiles for each fusion individually in an automated way in the fusion process.
The concept frees XRF fusion processes from the uncertainties and assumptions made in conventional fusion systems. The aim to provide accurate results for elements dissolved in flux matrices with additives of oxidant and releasing agent has never been easier to achieve.
This simplification of the process coupled with automation of critical weight data collection gives unsurpassed improvements in accuracy and ultimately in precision and hence the name quantitative fusion.
The Navas Quant Fusion simplifies the fusion process by:
- Being able to use dried samples, no pre ignition is necessary even for samples with high percentages of volatiles like limestone.
- Being able to auto dose the flux weight to a pre determined dilution ratio.
- Being able to track the exact weight of an approximate addition of sample and oxidant if necessary (reduces the need for time consuming precise weighing).
- The Loss on Ignition is tracked during the fusion process.
- The final bead weight is measured just before the automated addition of the releasing agent giving the true sample dilution ratio.
- These values are captured by the Navas Quant Fusion software for automatic integration into any XRF data computation program.
- The Navas Quant Fusion improves the quality of fusions.
- Increases Productivity – cuts pre fusion prep time significantly.
- Cuts Preparation Time – approximate sample addition and rough dosing all carefully monitored by precise weighing reduces demands on operators.
- Cuts toxic, corrosive gas emissions by 90% providing cleaner processes.
- Increases workflow by using detachable sample introduction plates to allow work flow during bead cooling.
- The concept is simple, elegant and improves all of the current problems experienced with conventional fluxers.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/product-news/09082016/navas-quant-fusion-65/
You might also like
The company's operating result has risen to a record level – group revenue is at €21.2 billion (+4%), with the result from current operations (RCO) at €3.0 billion (+29%).