Britain’s leading independent concrete supplier, Hope Construction Materials, has extended its range of high performance mixes to complement its existing array of quality-assured ready-mix concretes.
The performance mixes – including HOPEFast®, HOPEFoam®, HOPETough®, HOPEEco®, HOPESeal® and HOPEFibre® – have been designed by Hope’s technical team to meet specific construction needs, from high early strength and extra durability to waterproof and lower carbon mixes.
The formal introduction of this range follows last year’s successful launch of HOPEFlow® free-flowing, self-compacting concretes, which are proven to increase efficiency, and were recently confirmed as meeting National House Building Council (NHBC) standards for strength, durability and structural design.
All Hope concretes meet the BS8500 standard and are available virtually nationwide.
- HOPEFast® is designed to achieve rapid strength. With increased durability and faster curing time, it is ideal for applications that require high early strength such as structural repairs or ground areas.
- HOPEFoam® is a foamed concrete designed for void-fill and trench reinstatement. It is thermally insulating, lightweight, free-flowing and self-levelling, so no compaction is required. This makes it perfectly suited to pipe, void and tank infills and swimming pool surrounds. HOPEFoam has also been specifically developed to comply with UK Highways Authorities & Utilities Committee (HAUC) recommendations so it can be used for trench reinstatement.
- HOPETough® is a suite of microsilica concretes that has high surface strength, greater resistance to impact and low permeability and dust properties. HOPETough® is easier to pump than conventional concrete and is ideal for infrastructure and in-situ construction such as beams, columns and walls.
- HOPEEco® is a range of more sustainable concretes designed to have a reduced environmental impact. The lower-carbon, recycled concretes offer the same performance levels as conventional mixes.
- HOPESeal® is a suite of waterproof mixes designed specifically for structures that require efficient waterproofing. HOPESeal® removes the need for external membranes and has increased durability, making the product ideal for basements, swimming pools and underground parking.
- HOPEFibre® is a range of concretes that contain fibres for extra reinforcement and improved resistance making them ideal for slabs, overlays, metal decks and pavements. HOPEFibre® has a lower risk of cracking and is quicker and easier to place than conventional steel mesh systems.
“After an intensive development programme and live trials with construction partners, we’re delighted to formally introduce these high-performance, specifically-designed concrete ranges, each of which has a role to play in better construction,” said Mike Bull, Technical Director of Hope Construction Materials.
“We are continuing to invest in product development to expand our range of concretes even further, resulting in some unique solutions for our customers. Our product development strategy is customer-centric so that we can help to make all projects as efficient and cost-effective as they can be.”
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/product-news/04082014/hope-construction-materials-expands-high-performance-concrete-range-73/