Dalmia Bharat Limited announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the quarter and half year ended 30 September 2020.
- Sales Volume increased 7% y/y to 4.8 MnT
- Cement EBITDA margin increased 900 bps to 30%
- Highest ever quarterly EBITDA at 702 Cr
- PAT increased six fold to Rs. 232 Cr
- Achieved a Net Debt to EBITDA at 0.87
- Repaid Gross Debt Rs. 246Cr (Rs. 754 Cr in H1’21)
- Acquisition of Murli Industries completed (integrated plant with installed capacity of 3MnT; thermal power plant of 50MW; marks the company’s manufacturing presence in the state of Maharashtra)
- Successful completion of Share buyback programme (61.66 Lakh shares bought back from open market for Rs. 329 Cr; total no. of fully paid up shares as on date 18.67 Cr)
- Started commercial production of the clinker line of 3MnT at Odisha w.e.f 01 October 2020
Mr Mahendra Singhi, CEO & MD – Dalmia Cement Bharat Limited, commented, “The strength of our company’s foundation is visible in overall improvement in the operating metrics during the quarter and the half year. Our team has truly been instrumental to our success and we are completely geared up for a successful integration of the new capacity and ramping up its utilisation levels. Our EBITDA at Rs. 702 Cr is the highest ever for the company during a quarter.”
Dalmia Bharat achieved a volume growth of 7% y/y on the back of demand from the rural segment and pickup in government’s infrastructure and low-cost housing projects. The Eastern states continued to outperform with green shoots of demand revival visible in South in the latter part of the quarter.
The company witnessed a seasonal weakness of cement prices during the quarter, especially in Eastern region.
Dalmia also accomplished an increase of 40% y/y in EBITDA/T at Rs. 1457 due to a conscious and continuous containment of both variable & fixed costs.
With a clear focus to strengthen the balance sheet and have a robust cash position, the company has repaid close to Rs. 246Cr of gross debt and its Net Debt to EBITDA ratio is now at 0.87x.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/indian-subcontinent/13112020/dalmia-bharat-limited-shares-financial-results-for-the-quarter-ended-30-september/
You might also like
The GCCA has launched the third programme in its Innovandi brand, the Innovandi Entrepreneur Network.