Skip to main content

Eurocement Group’s Uzbekistani and Russian subsidiaries see rise in cement sales

World Cement,


Eurocement Group’s subsidiary in Uzbekistan, Akhangaracement JSC, despatched approximately 1.2 million t of cement in January – September 2013, a slight increase on the same period last year. The amount of cement sold in 50 kg bags also rose, coming in at 248 484 t, up 5.96% y/y.

Akhangaracement JSC produced 1.18 million t of cement in the first nine months of 2013, 1.61% higher than the amount produced in the same period in 2012. Clinker production was up 7.66% y/y, coming in at 853 503 t.

The company transports the majority of its products by road, with some 976 669 t (81.6%) despatched in this manner in January – September. The remaining 18.4%, or 220 543 t, was despatched via rail and was primarily for export.

Meanwhile, Eurocement’s Kavkaztsement, Russia, saw cement sales volumes increase by 4.6% y/y to around 1.91 million t during the period. Within this, sales of packaged cement were up by 25.4% y/y. The company produced just under 1.92 million t in January – September 2013, representing 6% y/y growth.

Adapted from press release by


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):