Titan Group has published its 2014 Integrated Annual Report, which covers both financial results and sustainability. The report is available here and is independently verified for GRI G4 core level, WBCSD/CSI guidelines and UNGC COP for Advanced Level. This is the third integrated report published by the company.
Under the theme ‘Positioned for sustainable growth’, the report highlights the following milestones and sustainability commitments:
- Return to profitability in 2014, after two loss-making years.
- Issuance of a €300 million five-year bond with an annual coupon of 4.25%.
- Dividend distribution of €0.15 per share, for the first time since 2011, and distribution of special reserves corresponding to an additional €0.15 per share.
- €80 million investment in existing operations, considerably higher than in the previous few years.
- 29% reduction in lost time due to incidents (LTFR) for direct employees in 2014, compared to 2010.
- €2.2 million donations made to community development projects, a 31.3% increase vs. 2013.
- €30.1 million environmental expenditure.
- Co-chairing of the CSI (Cement Sustainability Initiative) special Task Forces for Biodiversity and Sustainable Supply Chain, and participation in the UN Global Compact Campaign against corruption.
- Quarry Rehabilitation Plans (QRPs) are in place at 80% of the Group’s quarry sites.
This year will see Titan launch its Sustainability Roadmap for 2020 based on strategic stakeholder feedback, further integrating sustainability across the business and positioning the group for further growth.
Adapted from press release by Katherine Guenioui
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/31072015/titan-group-publishes-integrated-annual-report-242/