World Cement’s February 2015 issue is now online!
This month’s issue comprises articles from equipment manufacturers and industry experts on torrefaction, grinding, pyroprocessing and maintenance, alternative cement mixes, bagging and packing, loading/unloading and storage systems.
- The regional report in World Cement’s February 2015 issue includes an infographic on China and the Far East.
- Paul Maxwell-Cook presents another review of the major countries that are making the headlines in the Far East.
- David Ball, past President of the Concrete Society, Founder and Chairman of David Ball Group PLC, UK, announces the launch of a new zero cement structural concrete that could reduce the global CO2 legacy of concrete by up to 25% and has the potential to mark the start of the green construction revolution.
Expansions and contracts
- The Aumund Group has expanded the reach of its after-sales service network with the establishment of a new service centre in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Bedeschi will supply a storage system and a crushing group for the Primavera project at Votorantim’s plant in Curimba, Brazil.
- Turkey’s Medcem Global Pazarlama AS has ordered a third road-mobile unloader from Siwertell, which will discharge cement at a rated capacity of 300 tph.
- Kading Companies, has signed an agreement to acquire 70% of System Cement Group, which owns 100% of SCG – Ukraine, LLC.
Filling the skills gap – UK
- UK ministers have launched the #NotJustForBoys initiative in an effort to encourage young women to enter sectors such as construction and manufacturing.
- Six trainee quarry managers, three external candidates and three internal candidates have completed a business familiarisation programme at Cemex UK.
- New innovation fund launched in the UK construction sector.
- The UK’s Construction Industry Training Board has released the ‘Construction Skills Network’ report, which forecasts annual average growth of 2.9% over the next five years, generating demand for 44 690 workers per year.
This week's not to be missed articles...
- International Safety Awards – deadline 9 February 2015.
- Portland Cement Association to discuss impact of falling oil prices at World of Concrete 2015.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/30012015/cement-news-highlights-26-3-january-2015-244/