Total construction and real estate industry M&A deals in July 2019 worth US$12.8 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData.
The value marked an increase of 186.8% over the previous month, and a drop of 0.8% when compared with the last 12 month average, which stood at US$12.9 billion.
Comparing deals value in different global regions, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth US$6 billion. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at US$4.8 billion.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for construction and real estate industry M&A deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia Pacific.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in July 2019 was the US with 57 deals, followed by the UK with 25 and China with 15.
In 2019, as of the end of July 2019, construction and real estate M&A deals worth US$74.33 billion were announced globally, marking a decrease of 66.1% y/y.
The top five construction and real estate deals accounted for 60.9% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction and real estate M&A deals stood at US$7.79 billion, against the overall value of US$12.8 billion recorded for the month.
The top five construction and real estate industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Prologis’ US$3.99 billion acquisition of Industrial Property Trust.
- The US$1.2 billion acquisition of Pure Multi-Family REIT by Cortland Partners.
- Argan’s US$1.01 billion acquisition of SCI Cargo Property Assets.
- The US$957.13 million asset transaction with Sadbhav Infrastructure Project by IndInfravit Trust.
- Gazit-Globe’s acquisition of Atrium European Real Estate for US$633.62 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/29082019/globaldata-presents-construction-and-real-estate-ma-deals-for-july-2019/