Growth and development
- In the 12 months to March 2015, domestic dispatches of grey cement improved by 8.6% y/y in Colombia.
- Estimates released by Eurostat suggest that seasonally adjusted production in construction increased by 0.8% in the euro area in March 2015 and by 1.5% in the EU28, when compared with February 2015.
- Cementos Argos has reported increases in sales volumes, revenue and EBITDA for the quarter to 31 March.
- 2014 Corporate Sustainability Report outlines Holcim’s ‘Sustainable Development Ambition 2030’ and the progress made to date.
- India’s JK Cement has announced plans to raise long-term funds of up to Rs.300 crore through securities and/or debt instruments.
- Eight new Indian companies have joined the globalCOAL online coal trading community, including Emirati Union Cement Company’s subsidiary Unicem Trading Company.
- At the recent AGM in Lagos, Lafarge Africa shareholders approved a dividend of 360 kobo per ordinary share, a 9% increase from the 2013 dividend.
- During National Volunteer Month, close to 300 employees from Lafarge North America, took part in a variety of voluntary activities, from highway cleanup to support for local food banks.
- Lafarge and Holcim have entered into a binding agreement with CRH plc for the sale of certain key assets for an enterprise value of €6.5 billion.
- BOHS has launched a new initiative called Breathe Freely in partnership with the Health and Safety Executive, Constructing Better Health, Land Securities and Mace.
- Over 50 major construction business leaders join together to explain how cutting carbon emissions from buildings will lead to major economic opportunities and help reduce the ongoing deficit.
- A four-part interview with the Portland Cement Association’s new Chairman, John Stull, and President/CEO, James Toscas, of the Portland Cement Association
- The 24th AFCM Technical Symposium and Exhibition took place in Hanoi, Vietnam, on 21 – 24 April 2015, bringing together leading players in the regional and international cement industry.
Corporate news and CSR initiatives
UK construction sector
This week’s not to be missed stories …
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/29052015/weekly-cement-news-highlights-25-29-may-2015-924/