Lynda Armstrong OBE, Chair of Trustees, and Neal Stone, acting Chief Executive of the British Safety Council, announced the names of the organisations that were judged best in sector at the 2015 International Safety Awards Gala Dinner held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in central London on Friday 24 April 2014.
The names of the individual winners of the Health and Safety Champion, and Young Health and Safety Champion, were also announced.
Neal Stone said: “Whether your organisation is winning for the first time or the tenth time on behalf of the Trustees please accept our warmest congratulations. The awards not only reward you and your employees’ commitment but also through this event provide the opportunity for you to join us in celebrating success.
“We look forward to working with you in the future to help achieve our vision, that no one should be injured or made ill at work. On behalf of the Trustees and staff of the British Safety Council our warmest congratulations to all of the winners.”
Now for the third year, the British Safety Council recognised the success of individuals through two individual awards – the Health and Safety Champion and Young Health and Safety Champion. These awards were introduced to recognise individuals who through their passion, their commitment and dedication have helped make a difference by keeping their colleagues and others healthy and safe. This year a highly commended person in each of the two award categories were also selected.
The Health and Safety Champion award went to Ahmed Janahi, Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C., Askar, whilst the highly commended award went to Paul Waugh, Diageo Engineering Excellence Aero-Harm Programme.
The Young Health and Safety Champion award went to Gordon Hooker, CRC-Evans Offshore – Pipelines House, whilst the highly commended award was presented to Georgia Clements of Faithorn Farrell Timms LLP.
The British Safety Council also bestowed awards on those International Safety Award winning organisations that were considered by the panel of judges to be outstanding in their respective sectors. This year, the sector awards went to the following:
- Construction and property activities – MMC Gamuda KVMRT (T) Sdn Bhd
- Education – World Challenge Expeditions – High Wycombe
- Financial, IT, legal, scientific and technical services, media – UNINOR – Telewings Communications Services Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon, for the second consecutive year
- Health and social care – Sodexo Healthcare – Central Manchester University Hospitals
- Local government, defence and public services – Occupational Safety and Health Center Abu Dhabi (OSHAD) – Abu Dhabi HQ
- Manufacturing – National Hickman – Head Office
- Oil, gas, mining and quarrying – North Star Shipping (Aberdeen) Ltd
- Power and utilities – Wessex Water Operations – Bath, for the second consecutive year
- Onshore major hazards – Petronas Penapisan Melaka SDN BHD
- Transport, distribution and storage – Delhi International Airport (P) Ltd
- Wholesale and retail services – Pets at Home Ltd National Distribution Centre.
Adapted from press release by Joseph Green
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/29042015/2015-international-safety-gala-dinner-winners-761/