A number of cement and building materials companies released their latest financial results over the last week. Click on the company names below for the report highlights from each of these firms:
Top environmental news…
- International Union for Conservation of Nature, in collaboration with CEMBUREAU and other partners, has developed the ‘Integrated Biodiversity Management System’ as a guide for cement and aggregates companies.
- Officials visited Lafarge’s Villaluenga de la Sagra cement plant in Spain this week to learn more about its use of alternative fuels.
- The UK Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change has announced that no amendments will be made to the fourth carbon budget (2023 – 2027), a decision that has been welcomed by the Committee on Climate Change.
Not to be missed articles…
- Lego-style concrete bricks: a new approach to construction?
- TX Active wins second place in Popular Prize at European Inventor Awards.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/28072014/cement-news-highlights-21-25-july-2014-177/