The Alimak Group showed growth from sales initiatives in the first quarter despite the challenging market. The Q1 findings were as follows:
- Order intake increased by 6% to 569.4 MSEK. In local currencies, the increase was 8%.
- Market share growth and strong markets in Construction Equipment.
- Redirected sales in Industrial Equipment translates into 26% growth in orders in local currencies.
- Revenues decreased by 2% to 455.3 MSEK. In local currencies, revenue was unchanged.
- Strong revenue quarter for Construction Equipment.
- Slow start of 2016 for Industrial Equipment due to weaker order intake in 2015.
- Operating profit (EBIT) before items affecting comparability was 60.0 MSEK. In local currencies, EBIT was 60.4 MSEK.
- Profit impacted by a lower Industrial Equipment volume and cost for ongoing sales initiatives.
- Operating margin (EBIT percentage) before items affecting comparability was 13.2%. In local currencies, the operating margin was 13.0%.
- Cash flow from operating activities was 30.5 MSEK.
- Earnings per share 0.67 SEK.
Alimak continue to pursue its plan for growth, in spite of challenging general markets. Opportunities to expand are identified, both in geographical market coverage, as in emerging new application areas, and are being addressed through the launched strategic initiatives.
Adapted from press release by Joseph Green
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/28042016/alimak-displays-growth-q1-4/