July 2019 private equity deals announced
Published by Lucy Stewardson,
Total construction and real estate industry private equity deals in July 2019 worth US$1.3 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData.
The value marked a decrease of 1.3% over the previous month, and a drop of 41.1% when compared with the last 12 month average, which stood at US$2.2 billion.
Comparing the value of deals in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth US$536.98 million. At the country level, Spain topped the list in terms of deal value at US$405.32 million.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for construction and real estate industry private equity deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in July 2019 was the US, with six deals, followed by France with three and Canada with two.
In 2019, as of the end of July 2019, construction and real estate private equity deals worth US$14.28 billion were announced globally, marking a decrease of 74.6% y/y.
Top July 2019 deals
The top five construction and real estate industry private equity deals accounted for 96.01% of the overall value during July 2019. The combined value of the top five construction and real estate private equity deals stood at US$1.25 billion, against the overall value of US$1.3 billion recorded for the month.
The top five construction and real estate industry deals of July 2019, tracked by GlobalData, were the following:
- TPG Real Estate’s US$371.8 million private equity deal with Tempore Properties Socimi.
- The US$328 million private equity deal with Seal for Life Industries by Arsenal Capital Partners.
- Bain Capital Credit’s US$300 million private equity deal with D&J Industrial Property (China) Investment.
- The US$190.73 million private equity deal with Brookfield Infrastructure Partners by Brookfield Asset Management.
- DV Holding, Instituto Atesino di Sviluppo, Seac Fin, and Tikehau Growth Equity II’s private equity deal with DoveVivo for US$55.06 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/22082019/july-2019-private-equity-deals-announced/
You might also like
Beating the blast
Berthold Bussieweke, Thorwesten Vent, walks through constructional explosion protection in grinding and storage plants processing coal, alternative fuels, and other explosive media.