Environment and sustainability
- Lafarge Canada Inc. has helped to rebuild the Mossom Creek Hatchery in Port Moody, BC, which was destroyed by a fire in December 2013.
- Aalborg Portland focused on increasing alternative fuels usage, reducing energy consumption, bringing down emissions and workplace safety in 2014.
- Cemex releases 2014 Sustainable Development Report.
- Seven industry professionals came together at a recent Green Sky Thinking panel debate to discuss the all-important question: “Can construction really be sustainable?”
- Porvair Filtration Group outlines the ways in which it is improving its eco awareness and reducing emissions.
- Lafarge and Holcim reorganisation project launched in preparation for merger, with the aim of creating a ‘lean organisation with empowered countries, regional management platforms, and group functions for the combined company’.
- Jose Luis Seijo has taken over from his colleague at Cemex, Alejandro Ramirez Cantu. Cemex is the largest shareholder in TCL.
- Voith is acquiring parts of the materials handling specialist Hese, which is based in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. The acquired sections will be integrated into the Voith Turbo Division Mining and Metals.
- Kaspar E.A. Wenger has been appointed as Chairman of the Board of Holcim (Schweiz) AG, effective from 30 June 2015. Gerd Aufdenblatten, currently CFO of Holcim Central Europe, will succeed him as Cluster-CEO.
- Cementos Portland Valderrivas’ Board approves appointment of Alicia Alcocer Koplowitz as President of the highest governing body of the company.
This week’s not to be missed stories…
- Lafarge North America, Inc. is investing in a new cement storage facility and terminal in North Dakota to enhance its logistics network and meet rising demand in the region.
- Domestic cement consumption increased by 13.3% y/y to 961 712 t in Spain in April 2015, with consumption up 9.7% y/y in January – April.
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/22052015/cement-news-highlights-18-22-may-2015-892/