Conservation and biodiversity
- HeidelbergCement has announced the winners of the national Quarry Life Award 2014 for Indonesia, North America, Northern Europe, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czech Republic and Poland.
- Muhammad Khan, Environmental Manager at Titan Florida’s Pennsuco plant, provided a case study entitled ‘Titan Florida’s Ecological Restoration’ at the Wildlife Habitat Council’s Annual Symposium.
Appointments and personnel news
- The PCA has elected James G. Toscas as President and CEO, John Stull as Chairman and Karl Watson Jr. as Vice-Chairman.
- Holcim Ltd has announced changes to its senior management in Africa Middle East; Atlas Copco is strengthening its rental channel with two new appointments.
Latest cement dispatch figures
- Round-up of the latest cement statistics for Ecuador, Puerto Rico and Cataluña.
- Peruvian cement association releases statistics for October 2014.
- Accumulated cement sales to October improved in Lanzarote while consumption declined in Spain.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- ContiTech and Techmi build Europe’s longest conveyor for French cement plant.
- Cemex has provided an overview of the UK infrastructure projects it has been involved in recently, which range from a new airport terminal to an onshore gas plant.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/21112014/cement-news-highlights-17-21-november-2014-894/