Regional cement production and sales volumes
- According to Ciment Catalá, cement consumption in Cataluña, Spain, increased by 14% y/y to 114 822 t in February 2015.
- Poor weather conditions, along with lower private investment and confidence, contributed to a 4.1% fall in cement dispatches in Peru in February 2015.
- Some 4249 t of cement was sold in Lanzarote in February 2015 and cement dispatches in the Canary Islands totalled 32 754 t.
- Spanish domestic cement consumption totalled 810 104 t in February 2015, an improvement of 8.3% y/y.
- Asia Cement (China) Holdings Corporation has released its FY14 results, which show a 12% increase in revenues and an 18% increase in gross profit.
- Lafarge Africa recorded an 8% increase in profit after tax on a like-for-like basis.
- Indocement increased net revenue by 7% in 2014 and added 1.9 million t of new milling capacity.
- Dalmia Cement reports 3Q15 results.
- Carbon dioxide emissions stall in 2014 despite economic growth.
- Corporate carbon offset buyers dispel greenwashing myths.
- PCA says proposed ozone standards would have far-reaching effects.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- Buzzi Unicem makes an offer for fellow Italian cement producer, Sacci SpA.
- Dry Slag Granulation technology to be tested on industrial scale in China.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/20032015/cement-news-highlights-16-20-march-2015-557/