The Materials Handling Engineers Association has announced the launch of the MHEA Excellence Awards, which are designed to showcase the talent and creativity of its members and the high capabilities of its member companies. The awards are free to enter, and are open to member companies or individual members who have made an outstanding contribution to the bulk materials handling industry - from ports, power and mining to steel and cement - during 2016.
The awards are divided into the following categories:
- Innovation Award: An award for the introduction of new technology or improved solution in the bulk materials handling industry.
- Apprentice of the Year: The Apprentice of the Year Award seeks to acknowledge and celebrate an apprentice’s exceptional occupational progress and their contribution to their workplace during their apprenticeship. To enter, applicants must be based in the UK and have completed or be in an apprenticeship scheme within the last 12 months.
- Project of the Year: An award acknowledging a project which has achieved significant success through effective management and delivery approaches. Awards are considered for projects demonstrating excellence, regardless of size in the bulk materials handling industry.
- Supplier of the Year: An award recognising exemplary service, performance and customer commitment by a supplier in the bulk materials handling industry.
- Harold Wright Award: This is the outstanding achievement award. The special award will be presented to a company or individual who the judges consider has made an outstanding contribution to the bulk materials handling industry.
Applicants may enter more than one category, by submitting an online entry form for each award.
Winners will be announced at a gala awards dinner on Wednesday 5 October. The black tie event will be held at The Majestic Hotel in Harrogate.
Adapted from press release by Rebecca Bowden
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/18032016/mhea-launches-excellence-awards-724/