Latest on the LafargeHolcim merger
- Lafarge and Holcim have announced further information about the assets they propose for disposal in the US in order to facilitate their merger.
- Eric Olsen has been chosen to lead the companies after the merger is closed.
- Holcim has issued a statement saying that the proposal for Filaret Galchev to join the Board of Directors of LafargeHolcim came too late for inclusion into the EGM agenda.
- The Boards of Directors of Holcim and Lafarge have nominated their candidates to sit on the board of LafargeHolcim.
- K-Electric (KE) and DG Cement Ltd have signed a power supply agreement for the Pakistani cement manufacturer’s new plant in Hub, Balochistan.
- Icopower, part of Shanks’ Solid Waste Division, will supply HeidelbergCement with 54 000 tpy of its ICOPOWER® energy pellets. These will be used to power the cement manufacturer’s kilns.
- In March 2015, cement production increased by 2% in Peru, with export growth leading to a slight rise in total dispatch figures.
- Cement consumption in Cataluña, Spain, grew by 12.5% y/y in March 2015 and by 8.1% y/y in 1Q15.
- Cement output declined by 20.5% y/y in China in March, while GDP growth slowed to 7% y/y in 1Q15.
- January 2015 data on the production of clinker and shipments of cement in the United States is released by USGS in its latest Mineral Industry Surveys.
- Cement consumption in Spain reached 983 210 t in March 2015, while 1Q15 saw some 2.55 million t of cement consumed in the country.
This week’s not to be missed items…
- Ersagun Çabuk, Turkey, describes the current state of Turkey’s Cement Industry.
- The European Cement Research Academy discusses the global abatement strategies to reduce mercury emissions in this three-part article.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/17042015/cement-news-highlights-13-17-april-2015-707/