Tarmac has launched its 2015 Sustainability Report, which highlights the significant progress being made by the company against its sustainability framework commitments and targets.
This is the first report since Tarmac became part of CRH plc in august 2015 and sets out how the company is supporting a Group-wide vision that creates value for all stakeholders in a consistent, sustainable and responsible way.
Dr Martyn Kenny, Tarmac Sustainability Director, said: “Our latest report shows that our robust approach is helping us to make progress against our targets, and support delivery of CRH objectives. We remain committed to prioritising sustainability as a core element of our business performance and, through this, deliver direct benefits to customers, communities and stakeholders. With customers in particular, we are continuing to champion collaborative working and the importance of whole-life performance of materials to deliver a more sustainable built environment, and drive continual improvements in industry standards.”
The 2015 report outlines Tarmac’s progress against its 2020 milestones across four key themes of People, Planet, Performance and Solutions.
Key achievements outlined in the report include:
- Improved safety performance and launched new programmes to promote employee wellbeing.
- Recruiting 109 new graduates and apprentices.
- Providing 3500 volunteer hours to help our communities.
- Carbon emissions down by 27% per t of product compared to 1990.
- Recycling over 8.2 million t of waste and secondary materials from other sectors.
- Improved energy efficiency by certifying all sites to ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard.
Central to Tarmac’s approach to sustainability is its work with an external sustainability panel which is providing ‘critical friend’ guidance and recommendations to its executive team.
Adapted from press release by Rebecca Bowden
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/14092016/tarmac-launches-2015-sustainability-report-253/