First project for Ultimat®
Vicat’s Ultimat® cement, part of a new range of cements released by the Group, will be used for the first time on a major construction project in France. At a cost of around €100 million, the 7.5 km urban section of the A71 motorway through Clermont-Ferrand is due to be widened to a dual three-lane road and the construction works will require 11 000 m3 of concrete mixed with Ultimat® cement. Much of the concrete will be used for building bridges.
The cement has a high early strength, which allows forms to be struck quickly and a low heat of hydration that makes it ideal for casting large concrete units. Furthermore, the cement exhibits a high resistance to sulfates. The project is due for completion in 2015.
New Vicat cement range
Vicat has lauched a range of cements into the French market tailored to a variety of construction needs.
- Extremat® is a high-strength cement, intended for use on farms or for highly exposed concrete.
- Optimat® is a multipurpose cement for all types of structural or decorative concrete.
- Performat® cement is high-performance and will be used for heavily loaded reinforced concrete structures.
- Polycimat® is a multipurpose masonry cement, intended for coatings, screeds and masonry mortars.
- Structurat® is an enhanced performance cement, marketed only in bulk.
- Ultimat® cement has a high early strength and is designed to have an increased resistance to sulfates. It is also marketed in bulk.
ResultsVicat witnessed positive results in the first nine months of 2013. Turnover in cement, aggregates and concrete increased, as did deliveries of ready-mixed concrete and strong growth was reported in the Asian and American markets. The Group also reported a solid financial position, with debt under control and a healthy balance sheet.
Edited from press release by Rosalie Starling
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/12122013/first_project_for_vicats_ultimat_cement_503/