Holcim has released its 2011 Corporate Sustainable Development Report, which indicates that the Group is making good progress in meeting its various sustainability aims.
Sustainability report highlights:
- Community engagement plans are to be set up in all Holcim Group companies by the end of the year.
- The group is on target to meet its goal of reducing CO2 emissions by 25% by 2015. Since 1990, CO2 emissions/t of cement have decreased by 21.8%.
- Dust and NOx emission reduction targets have been achieved.
- The Lost-Time Injury frequency rate has improved by 79% since 2004.
- A water management system that must be followed by all Holcim Group organisations was approved in 2011. The ‘Biodiversity Management System’ is also being carried out with the aid of the International Union for Conservation of Nature. The aim is to have implemented the biodiversity plan at 80% of Holcim sites by 2013.
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/12062012/holcim_cement_sustainability_emissions_water_targets_report/