Celebrating the creativity, progress and the sheer dedication of those working to keep resources in the loop, the Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management provide an opportunity to show colleagues, customers and stakeholders that you really are top of your field.
With the sector fast transforming into one of the UK’s most relevant and progressive industries, the 2015 Awards for Excellence will value leadership and best practice from all aspects of the sustainable resource management arena.
Industry, local authorities and community groups will be competing for the prestigious awards, which recognise brilliance in individual success stories, outstanding team efforts and original approaches to sustainable resource management.
letsrecycle.com editor, Steve Eminton, said: “Last year saw an unprecedented number of high quality entries, with fantastic examples of work being undertaken by individuals and within companies to contribute to global sustainability. I am confident that the 2015 entries will reach even higher standards of creativity, effectiveness and innovation. The Awards Ceremony really is a ‘must attend’ event, which never fails to inspire, and offers a fantastic chance for networking and sharing best practice.
“Start planning your submission early to make sure it’s as strong as can be. Judges will be looking for inspirational work with proven results, projects that transform on a local or global level, and teams that go above and beyond to deliver exceptional service.”
Now in its 12th year, the Awards, which are organised by the Environment Media Group, are free to enter. Last year’s new award – Circular Economy Success – was a great hit and is sure to attract a host of fascinating entries for 2015. The deadline for entries is Thursday 19th March 2015 and this year’s eleven categories are:
- Retail recycling champion.
- Circular economy success.
- Waste management initiative in the commercial and public sector.
- Design of a waste management facility, sponsored by the Environmental Services Association.
- Collection crew of the year.
- The best community recycling initiative .
- Recycling business of the year, sponsored by Ceris Burns International.
- Civic amenity site of the year, sponsored by REPIC.
- The best local authority recycling initiative.
- Local authority recycling champion, sponsored by Biffa.
- Zero waste platinum award, sponsored by SAICA Natur and Wastecare.
All finalists will receive two free tickets to the awards ceremony on Thursday 14th May 2015 at the five-star Landmark Hotel in London.
For the full list of criteria and entry guidelines or to book your place at the awards, please visit http://www.awardsforexcellence.co.uk.
Adapted from press release by Katherine Guenioui
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/09012015/uk-awards-for-excellence-in-recycling-waste-management-111/